Monday 22 December 2008

Today I am recovering........... After 7 days of duty management....
Its like having played 5 grueling days of a cricket test match and being on the loosing side ...... you get one solitary day to mentally prepare yourself for the next grind.......

For the benefit of those who do not know what a duty manager does in a hotel .... try and remember a hindi movie when a heroine (who is probably playing a rich daddy's spoilt girl) or her aunt walks into a restaurant/hotel and finds that the place is not to her taste and shouts MANAGAAAARRR!!!!!..... There appears a lallu looking guy in a suit and all the anger is directed towards the poor guy....... Well thats a bit over the top but its not far off from the truth.....

When you have a guest hurling abuses and insults at you ...... its a lot like (or atleast I would like to think it is) Harold Larwood bowling 90 mile bouncers and you have to make the split second decision to duck or to hook ...... in my case to give the guest a compensation (which in 99 % cases is what he/she is looking for) or ask him to p**s off using the politest words and phrases I could get my hands on....

But there are happier moments as well ...... about that some other time.....

I cannot publish my second post without mentioning about the dahi wada a la sasha (my little sis) which I did not get a chance to eat last time, ..... I am worried that she might not make it again for me ....... D' OH!

1 comment:

  1. but that is when the girl falls in love with the lallu looking guy...:p

    ReplyDelete